Skip to main content

Next New

 A network that would allow for students to interact and share resources. Sort of like Facebook but specific for students to share academic resources.

Comments

  1. I must agree there are many times I wish our school or specific schools in general had a polo resources from the actual students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Privacy

With New Media people are posting more and more about their private lives online. People may not realize that their posts are insecure or what kinds of information they are letting out. In addition, because of the lack of privacy/security people may hesitate to post. This is very unfortunate as everyone deserves to have a voice and to have their voice attributed to them.

Wiki So Far:

Over the course of this semester I have done a lot of research on Twitter and plan on creating a page for twitter or adding to the topic, which is currently under the social media page. In addition I would like to add some information pertaining to the privacy and security of the new media technologies that have become a part of our everyday lives. discussing things like Privacy Policies, PII, and more.

Twitter and the Degradation of Language

For my research project I chose to focus on twitter, zeroing in on the 140 character limit and how it has lead to the degradation of language. I think it is an important topic, and extremely pertinent as twitter's base continues to grow. In the past, people shared things in writing, privately via letter and publicly via printed news articles. In both these cases, although in the public sense more than the private, there was always a sense of importance to the language in addition to the content. In today's society, however, with "new media" sources giving a voice to everyone, people "put things to print" so to speak much faster than before, this creates a lack of editing and a society who not only overlooks minor spelling and grammar mistakes, but a society who has forgotten the poetry of language and the importance of word choice. The next step for me is to find research that discusses the link between twitter and the degradation of language, as well as res...